CREATE AND CONFIGURE ALERT NOTIFICATION ACTION ACCOUNT IN SCOM
When an alert is generated in SCOM, it can notify the designated individuals by Email, Instant Message (IM), or Text Message (SMS). The Notification Account Run As profile is used to send alert notifications. For alert notifications to work correctly, we must create a Run As account that provides the credentials for sending alert notifications and associate the Run As account to the Notification Account profile.
Below are the steps to create and configure same:
- Load up the operations manager console and click on Administration.
- Under Administration, right-click Security and click Create Run As Account.
- On Introduction page, click Next.
- Under General Properties page, select Windows in the Run As Account type.
- Give an appropriate name under Display name and Click Next.
- Under Credentials page, provide user name, password and domain of the user account that to be used for notifications and Click Next.
- Select the More secure distribution security option and click Create.
- Wizard completed successfully. Click “Close” button.
Now we need to distribute this Notification Run As Account to the Notifications Resource Pool. The Notification Resource pool contains all the Management Servers dynamically.
- In the navigation pane, click Accounts under Run As Configuration.
- In the details pane, right-click the notification account we created and click Properties.
- Under Distribution tab click Add.
- In the Computer Search window, select Search by resource pool name from Option dropdown.
- Click Search to display the names of available items.
- Select Notifications Resource Pool, Click Add and Click OK.
- Click Apply and OK to close Run As Account Properties.
Next, we need to configure the Run As Profile which will associate this account credential with the actual Notification workflows.
- In the navigation pane, click Profiles under Run As Configuration.
- Right-click Notification Account and click Properties, which will open the Run As Profile Wizard.
- On the Introduction page, click Next.
- On the General Properties page, click Next.
- On the Run As Accounts page, click Add.
- Under Add a Run As Account window, in the Run As account dropdown menu, select the Run As account that we created.
- Accept the default of All targeted objects and then click OK.
- Click Save. When the association is completed.
- Click Close to close the wizard.
Will cover up how to configure alert notification email channel in my next post.