SQL Server 2014 SP1 CU8 Released
Microsoft has released the Cumulative Update 8 (CU8) for SQL Server 2014 SP1 on 15th August 2016. This update contains the fixes for issues that were fixed after the release of SQL Server 2014 SP1.
This Cumulative Update includes all the fixes from all previous SP1 Cumulative Updates, therefore it can be installed to resolve issues fixed in any previous SP1 CU.
The Cumulative update can be downloaded from Microsoft Download Center.
Only the most recent cumulative update (CU) that was released for SQL Server 2014 SP1 is available at the Download Center.
- Each new CU contains all the fixes that were included with the previous CU for the installed version/Service Pack of SQL Server.
- Microsoft recommends ongoing, proactive installation of CUs as they become available:
– SQL Server CUs are certified to the same levels as Service Packs, and should be installed at the same level of confidence.
– Historical data shows that a significant number of support cases involve an issue that has already been addressed in a released CU.
– CUs may contain added value over and above hotfixes. This includes supportability, manageability, and reliability updates.
- Just as for SQL Server service packs, Microsoft recommend that you test CUs before you deploy them to production environments.
- Microsoft recommends that you upgrade your SQL Server installation to the latest SQL Server 2014 service pack.
To know more about CU and the Hotfixes that are included in this Cumulative Update package refer below link: