Schedule SCOM Reports through Email
We all are aware of the benefits which we get from the SCOM Reporting feature wherein we can fetch the desired reports whenever we need.
There is one more beneficial feature which Reporting Services gives is the Scheduled Reports. Which means SCOM can automatically send the desired reports to your team members, management or stakeholders through email.
There are scenarios wherein different teams need Daily, Weekly or Monthly reports. We can schedule these reports based upon the requirement which is a good way to avoid manual efforts and will save man hours.
So, let’s do it…
First thing we need to do is configure email settings in the SQL Server Report Server.
1: Login on Report Server.
2: Open Reporting Services Configuration Manager.
3: Provide Report Server name and select the Report Server Instance.
4: Click Connect button.
5: Click on E-mail Settings.
6: Provide Sender Address.
7: Provide SMTP Server address, click Apply and Exit.
- Sender Address can be a dummy address.
An email setting in SSRS has been configured successfully.
Now it’s time to schedule the reports in SCOM.
1: Load up Operations Console and click Reporting.
2: Right click the report which needs to be scheduled and click Schedule.
3: Under Delivery Settings, provide:
- Description in the Description text box.
- Click the down arrow in the Delivery method list, and select E-Mail.
- Type an email address of the destination inbox to receive reports in the To (required): text box.
You can also type email addresses in the Cc, Bcc, and the Reply To text boxes.
- Click the down arrow in the Render Format list, and then click the file format you want for the report.
- Click the down arrow in the Priority list, and then select the appropriate priority.
- Type a subject for the email in the Subject text box.
- Click Next.
4: Specify the schedule and click Next.
5: Specify the parameters for your report, click Finish.
6: Saved subscription can be found under Scheduled Reports.
That’s it!! Hope it will help you.
I have seen scenarios wherein people get error while creating report subscription. I have covered that topic in below post: